Director of Membership, Professional Development and Corporate Partnerships
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £70,000 (FTE) per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, occasional additional hours as required, reclaimed as time off in lieu of payment
Direct reports: Head of Volunteering, Membership and Events
Head of Professional Development
Location: Currently working from home. Usually, Central London, with travel as necessary.
Benefits: 25 days holiday per annum
We are looking for an exceptional, confident, senior leader used to delivering complex and varied customer-focused services and generating the income, corporate relationships and goodwill of stakeholders, customers and colleagues for this key role supporting our exceptional profession. This sophisticated role leads high performance teams to support our membership, volunteers and corporate partnerships and deliver high quality professional development programmes, events and our flagship annual Fundraising Convention.
Our values underpin all areas of our work and guide us in all we do:
- Passionate: taking pride in what we do and driven by success.
- Professional: championing and achieving high standards and governed by professional integrity.
- Enabling: helping others and empowered to take ownership, find solutions, make decisions and collaborate.
- Enterprising: open to new solutions and committed to delivering where we already excel.
- Respectful: honest and fair, treating everyone with consideration and respect.
About the Chartered Institute of Fundraising
The Chartered Institute is the national membership organisation for professional fundraisers in the UK. We support and provide services for 5,700 individual members, 600 organisational members and over 100 corporate members. The Chartered Institute facilitates 36 volunteer-led national, regional and special interest groups and provides training, qualifications, conferences, events, policy and guidance. Volunteers created the organisation and remain at the heart of our work.
Our vision is Excellent Fundraising for a Better World. We believe that an equal, diverse and inclusive fundraising community is integral to delivering excellent fundraising.
Further information on our new website:
We welcome applications from people from the learning and development community, from across the charity sector and from the public or private sector with appropriate transferrable skills and experience. You will have proven:
- Senior organisation/directorate level experience of managing complex, high performance teams in at least one relevant service area: customer services, events, professional development, volunteer leadership and corporate partnerships
- Income generation in excess of £1m per annum
- Experience of building and managing constructive and effective relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Enterprising and creative skills and attributes to generate and convert ideas into strategy and then into deliverable plans
- Ability to be a confident role model for your team, colleagues and stakeholders, embodying our commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion.
The Chartered Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all be our ourselves and succeed on merit. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
How to apply
Please apply via this portal and complete all application questions. This will be redacted; the panel will not see any identifying information.
Your application will not be considered if you submit a CV and supporting statement.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday, 11 February 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: By Friday, 19 February 2021
Test: Between 19-23 February 2021
First Interviews: Thursday, 25 February 2021
2nd Interviews: w/c Monday, 1 March 2021
Please note that the interviews will take place via Zoom.