CHAS Housing Advice Service Bristol is a local housing and homelessness charity, based within the community. We provide advice, advocacy and support to anyone in housing need, with a focus on the most marginalised.
We are looking for someone to provide specialised housing advice and advocacy on a range of issues including landlord and tenant disputes, housing related benefits and rehousing. As well as providing legal advice, we are looking for someone to support and encourage clients to motivate and empower them to resolve their own housing issues.
The post holder will also support CHAS’ community outreach activities, as we develop our prevention activities through partnership work. For example, our partnership with Caring in Bristol, Bristol Homelessness Prevention Project aims to use new and dynamic ways to tackle homelessness in the city. BHPP plans to reach people where they already are in the community, overcoming the access barriers many face in accessing advice.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to make a big difference in a small organisation
- Contributing to local efforts to prevent homelessness in Bristol and progressing the role of good quality housing advice with partners
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pay
- Employee Assistance Programme/Health Assured Wellbeing App
- Access to the Bike to Work scheme
- Employer pension
- 25 days leave + Bank Holidays (Pro Rata)
- Blended home and office working
Please see job description for full details.
Friday 22nd October at 9am
27-29th October 2021