This is a really exciting time to join Children’s Hospices Across Scotland – better known as CHAS – Scotland’s national children’s hospice service.
Following internal promotions and the expansion of our services, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Challenge Events Assistant to join the Events team.
Working within the culture, ethos and philosophy of CHAS, you will assist the Challenge Events Manager with the management, attendance and evaluation of challenge events and the recruitment and stewardship of supporters. Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the management of challenge events, including liaising with third party event organisers, suppliers and attendance on the day
- Producing copy to promote events for website, social media, press and email
- Assisting with the recruitment and stewardship of supporters for events in the challenge event calendar, and taking responsibility for fulfilling actions under the guidance of the Challenge Events Manager
- Assisting with event research
In order to help CHAS achieve our goal of reaching every family in Scotland that needs us, you will have:
- HNC level qualification or equivalent in either Public Relations, Marketing, Media, Communications, Event Management, Fundraising or related discipline
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages
- Demonstrable experience of keyboard skills and maintaining information databases
- Good communication skills to deal with staff, volunteers and general public in an appropriate and effective manner
- High level of accuracy and numeracy skills, as this role requires cash handling
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills for effective management of event calendar
- Experience in an office and customer services environment
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the heart-breaking prognosis that their child is dying, and offer them our care and support to empower them to make the most of the short time they have together. As a Challenge Events Assistant, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision.
Further Information and How to Apply
For more information regarding this post, please see the attached documents.
To be part of the future of CHAS, please follow the link to our Website and complete our online application form.
This post is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.