We are looking for an experienced Business Development and Relationship Manager to join our team and be responsible for generating new business and fostering long-term relationships with new and existing clients.
This role is an ideal opportunity for someone passionate about making a difference to others while developing a career in business development at an exciting time of growth and development for Chasing the Stigma. The role may be mostly remote based, with the expectation to work from the Liverpool office at least once a month.
Focused around developing existing relationships, whilst also exploring emerging opportunities for partnership working and income generation, the role will require you to be confident in thinking proactively, to be motivated in getting results, and to constantly assess and respond to the needs of the charity. The role will also require you to work closely with other team members and develop in others a deep commitment to our vision: normalising and humanising mental health.
About the Organisation
Chasing the Stigma is a national mental health charity with big ambitions: to normalise and humanise mental health, prevent suicide, eradicate mental health stigma, and enable everyone to access clear pathways to mental health care and support locally.
We passionately believe in fundamentally changing the way people access mental health support across the UK, as well as educating the nation, to ensure everybody has the best chance when it comes to dealing with their mental health. We believe the best way of doing so is by adopting a person-focused approach, placing lived experience at the heart of everything we do.
The Hub of Hope is the biggest and most comprehensive mental health signposting tool of its kind, bringing together thousands of support services in one place for the first time, and revolutionising the way people interact with mental health services across the UK. It is used by NHS England, Samaritans, Mind, Papyrus and many more important organisations.
Our ground-breaking business training programme, Ambassadors of Hope, continues to be purchased by high profile clients such as the Premier League and the NHS England Mental Health team.
The training has been written from a lived experience point of view and is delivered on a face to face basis, but can also be delivered virtually. Our aim is to train as many people as possible so that mental health training is available to all, rather than a select few.
Since its inception in 2017, Chasing the Stigma and the Hub of Hope have been winners of many national awards, including BIMA, Charity Times and 3rd Sector Care.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate and self-motivated Business Development and Relationship Manager who will match the ambition of the organisation and play a strategically important role in allowing us to reach our potential by generating new business development and income generating opportunities, managing key relationships, and expanding our work into new markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a strategic role in recruiting and managing new partners while sustaining current business relationships
- Using evidence-based insight, identify and develop new business and income-generating opportunities
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with partner organisations to ensure client retention and support business growth
- Provide excellent customer service and manage the efficient delivery of services
- Capitalise on new industry developments and market trends to grow business activity
- Present, participate and network at external virtual and face-to-face events
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure timely completion of work programmes and projects within agreed timeframes
- Work at least one day a month in Liverpool office.
- Participate, as appropriate, in staff forums and meetings (including with Trustees)
- Adhere to Chasing the Stigma’s policies and procedures
- Carry out reasonable requests that are within the broad remit of the role
- Help promote and maintain Chasing the Stigma’s profile
Essential experience / skills / knowledge
- At least two years’ business relationship management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic ability to identify potential business opportunities of benefit to Chasing the Stigma
- Proven experience of establishing rapport, credibility, and collaborative relationships with business customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Confidence to present to potential customers and current partners
- Experience of working in and/or knowledge of the health sector
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail with solid editing and proofing ability
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- A willingness to travel to meetings and events across the UK
- An ability to thrive in a busy and varied environment
- An ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively in team
- A passion to do things the right way for the right reasons
Desirable experience / skills / knowledge
- An understanding of the mental health sector, understanding of structures across regional NHS Trusts, STPs, CCGs and local authorities is desirable as it will form a big part of the role
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or relevant experience in a new business development role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.