- Director of Finance (Permanent)
- Education – Multiple Academy Trust (MAT)
- North East London
- c£70,000-75,000 plus benefits
This is a great role for someone with MAT/Education experience, either proven at the FD/CFO level or seeking a more senior role from a larger organisation.
We are currently only progressing applications from candidates possessing previous experience of having worked in a MAT or the wider education sector.
Reporting to the CEO and overseeing Finance, the Director of Finance has responsibility for ensuring the governance in support of the 5 academies and 2 nurseries in the group (combined c£17m T/O).
Strategic leadership and performance management
- Provide vision, strategic direction and leadership in the planning, management and development of effective Finance operations across the group;
- Ensuring that financial governance is fit for the purposes of an expanding Multi-Academy Trust and that appropriate planning is in place to meet the needs of the organisation over a rolling 5-year horizon; and
- Holding full accountability to the Board for the performance and compliance of financial systems and processes.
- Ensuring that CHAT meets its legal, corporate and statutory responsibilities relating to financial governance through advice, direction and support to the Board and CEO;
- Working with the leadership team to ensure that the revenues and resources are managed efficiently and cost-effectively in support of educational and organisational objectives;
- Leading and developing an effective, high-performing Finance team;
- Delivering the annual audited accounts for all companies under the umbrella; and
- Coaching and supporting Headteachers and other budget holders in the effective management of their finances.
To discuss the role in more detail and request the candidate pack, please contact Michael Quest of Ivy Rock Partners directly or quickly apply via this advert.
- Application deadline: Sunday 28th June
- Interviews: weeks commencing 6th & 13th July