CHEM Trust is looking for a Finance and Resources Manager to become an important new member of our team.
We are a small, dynamic charity with a big impact, working to protect humans and wildlife from harmful chemicals by working for strong regulation of the most hazardous chemicals. We focus particularly on EU policy & regulation and on the UK’s post-Brexit regulatory system.
We are bringing finance in-house and this new role is vital in ensuring that our finances are run effectively, our funders receive the information they need, and the team members are well supported in delivering their roles.
The Board of Trustees is active and engaged and CHEM Trust is signed up to the Charity Commission’s code of Governance for small charities. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented in the UK charity sector.
You will work with the Trustees, Executive Director and Senior Leaders to ensure efficient and effective financial management, overseeing day- to-day financial management and providing financial reports to funders.
You will also work with the team to ensure CHEM Trust fulfils its legal and regulatory requirements, including coordinating the implementation of health and safety, GDPR and other policies and procedures and leading on human resources support.
Note that specialist HR advice and support is provided to CHEM Trust by an external contractor, and IT is currently managed by the Executive Director.
The role reports to the Head of Advocacy.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure the day-to-day financial and accounting operations are delivered.
- Take responsibility for budget planning, monitoring and review and year-end accounts process.
- Manage day-to-day online banking and cash management.
- Support the development of CHEM Trust’s strategy, including providing financial projections and conducting risk analysis.
- Develop detailed fundraising proposal budgets and financial reports for funders with the team.
- Ensure effective day-to-day management of HR, Health & Safety, insurance and data protection.
- Ensure financial, HR and data protection policies and procedures comply with relevant legislation/regulations, reflect best practice and are applied throughout CHEM Trust.
- Ensure regular risk assessment of office and home workspaces.
- Assist in management of IT equipment, software and contracts.
Holiday: 28 working days per annum in addition to the normal public holidays and the days between Christmas and New Year (pro rata).
Location: London or homeworking with occasional visits to the London co-working office.
Please apply with a CV (max 2 sides of A4) and covering letter (max 3 sides of A4) setting out how you meet the person specification in the Job Description.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.