This is a new post funded by through NHS Charities Together initially for 2 years. The postholder will be working with Irish Community Care (ICC) and Pathways to deliver a joint project called ‘Transforming community engagement with BAME communities’.
The project focuses on access to primary care for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities in Cheshire East. It will encourage understanding of BAME communities who experience difficulties accessing primary care services, developing ways to assist them overcoming any obstacles they encounter, enabling them to access wider NHS services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working alongside Integrated Care Partnership and VCFS colleagues to undertake a detailed mapping exercise of the BAME communities in Cheshire East and their health needs during the initial 6 months of the project
- Develop key materials to market and promote the project
- Make links with local VCFS organisations and healthcare providers to promote the project and its objectives
- Recruit volunteers from BAME communities to act as ‘community champions’ and continue to supervise and support them throughout the project
- Co-ordinate the work of the project team, working with ICC and Pathways project staff to achieve agreed standards and targets within the specified time and budget and to maintain effective working relationships
- Engage with BAME communities across Cheshire East to understand their health care needs and enable them to access health services
- Lead on the development of a sustainable healthcare translator’s model
- Develop and deliver cultural awareness training to Primary Care and other health and VCFS organisations as required
- Play an active role in relevant health related partnerships and attend meetings of the same
- Undertake continuing monitoring and evaluation in line with the funding agreement
- To complete relevant monitoring reports
- To provide written reports and statistical information on a regular basis.
- To maintain information confidentially and in line with good ethnical principles and GDPR
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post as instructed by the Director.
Equal Opportunities Policy
- The postholder will be expected to undertake all duties with due regard to the REC’s Equal Opportunities Policy
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.