Do you have a passion for campaigns and supporting elected student leaders to succeed in their aims? This role will be central to supporting elected officers, both full and part time, as well as supporting activity that diversifies our engagement.
Our new Democracy & Campaigns Co-ordinator will provide valuable support for campaigns with and for students and supporting elected officers in enacting their priorities. The role will co-ordinate our democratic structures including day to day support for the Elected Officers, Elections and Students’ Council support as well as a range of activties to widen our engagement.
- Develop and support democracy within the Student Union including day to day support for elected officers including the Student Council
- Support elected officers including Student Council and liberation representatives to deliver campaigns with clear deliverable outcomes
- Ensure we facilitate liberation activity contributing to us diversifying our engagement and running activity relevant to marginalised groups
- Support well run campaigns led by student leaders and volunteers
- Coordinate our annual Green Impact accreditation
- Place of work: Exton Park(Parkgate Road) , Chester with an expectation of travel to other sites as required.
- Hours: 37 hours per week
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that was recently shortlisted for ‘Students’ Union of the Year’ in the Educate North Awards. We are also finalising work on our ambitious new strategic plan which will ensure that our members ‘love their student life.’
Chester Students’ Union is an independent, membership charity that runs in addition to an advice service, a range of social opportunities through student led societies and activities throughout the year and a representation system that ensures the student voice is amplified.