Permanent – 40 hours per week
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Digital Marketing Officer to join our Marketing team.
- To support the Marketing Manager to deliver online marketing initiatives and projects for our: website and online marketing campaigns
- To work with the Senior Data Analyst and Insights & Analytics Manager to provide timely and relevant reports to the Head of Marketing and Marketing Manager to support evaluation of campaigns and online activity
- To provide technical support to the team through their in-depth knowledge of our CMS, email, CRM, data capture and data analysis tools
- To support the Marketing Manager to manage agency relationships to ensure high quality service, value for money and adherence to brand guidelines
- To support the growth of online revenue levels for the wide variety of commercial opportunities including admission tickets, memberships, gifts and experiences
- To manage our databases, segmentation and data protection preference centre to effectively manage our CRM activity
- To liaise with internal teams to ensure that the content on the website is up to date and accurate
- To take an innovative and proactive approach in recommending digital opportunities to enhance our marketing, visitor experience and commercial operation
The successful candidate will:
- Have a formal qualification in marketing or similar discipline and a good understanding of marketing principles and digital advertising channels
- Be a confident digital native with advanced knowledge of using CMS systems
- Have experience of email delivery systems
- Have wide experience of digital campaign support across SEO, social media and paid search advertising
- Have good experience of creating and delivering segmented CRM campaigns
- Be experienced with google analytics and reporting
- Have good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise your work
- Have an interest in Chester Zoo’s mission relating to conservation and education
- Experience of WordPress and DotDigital would be beneficial but is not essential.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break. Some weekend and evening working may be required, for which time off in lieu will be given.
The salary for this role is £23,611.49 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found online.
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our Digital Marketing Officer role through the careers area of our website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd September.