An exciting full time, permanent opportunity with an option for some working from home.
We are Chester Zoo
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 20,000 incredible animals inside 128 acres of stunning gardens. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo and we prevent extinction.
The Role – Fundraising Manager
We now have an exciting new role for an outstanding Fundraising Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll play a key role in the planning and successful delivery of individual and corporate fundraising objectives for Chester Zoo.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop and deliver the fundraising strategy
- Coach and develop the fundraising team
- Develop relationships across industries and build the reputation of the zoo as a charity delivering significant conservation outcomes
- Protect and grow current supporter based and corporate partnerships, deliver and manage the new partner pipeline in order to meet growth targets
- Work across high value donor and mass fundraising audiences to grow individual giving in line with income targets
- Develop and deliver plans to protect and grow grant, trust and foundation opportunities for the organisation.
- Act as the charity expert on areas of best practice and legislation and adapting processes where required
- Manage and develop the data held across fundraising, producing regular reporting on activity and ROI, adapting plans as required
What makes Chester Zoo a great place to work?
Well, where do we start? Here goes…
We’re a huge team of conservationists, scientists, educators, animal welfare experts, marketeers, visitor experience professionals, environmental policy influencers; the list goes on. Each and every one of us is on a mission to make Chester Zoo the best in the world, and our planet a better place.
As the UK’s biggest and best zoo, we have ambitious goals, exciting plans and there’s always lots going on here. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, made up of nearly 500 permanent and 500 seasonal team members, and we know how important it is to invest in our colleagues to help boost their career development. We have ambitious goals, and we want you to be with us on our exciting journey.
Our working environment could not be more different from a typical office – where else can you see critically endangered orangutans from your office window, or stroll among rare giraffes and tigers on your lunch break?
- Permanent contract, 40 hours per week
- Option for some home working
- A salary of £47,359.75 pa (this includes our 2022 pay award & is effective from 1 Jan'22)
- 33 days annual leave
- Access to healthcare plan
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Staff pass so you can visit the zoo during your time off plus a number of complimentary tickets for your family and friends
Our Requirements – Fundraising Manager
- Previous experience working in a similar role at senior management level
- Able to balance a sophisticated communications style with an energetic, strategic and innovative approach to fundraising, drawing on previous fundraising knowledge and experience
- High level of numeracy, able to report against KPIs and financial targets
Although not essential, the following would be desirable:
- Specialist knowledge of charity law and awareness of tax, gift aid, VAT and other legislation relating to fundraising
- Experience of developing and managing an Appeals Board, working at Trustee level
- Proven major gifts fundraising experience, also a strong natural drive towards getting out into the field
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply on Website’ to upload your CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe this role and our organisation are a good fit for you.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for the role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.