Permanent – Full Time
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Marketing Officer to join our Marketing team.
- To take a proactive and innovative approach to generating compelling and engaging content for online and offline channels, including film, ensuring that the brand is at the heart of everything that we create
- To manage the content marketing plan and co-ordinate communications with all departments in the zoo to ensure that we are telling compelling and effective stories and presenting them in a coherent and consistent manner
- To use your knowledge about our audiences and the content available you’ll support the work of the Marketing, PR and Fundraising team in delivering campaigns, direct marketing, publications and social marketing activity in line with the marketing and strategic objectives
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Officer to manage Chester Zoo’s CMS, with support from the Marketing Assistant to ensure that the website content is always accurate and showcases the best of the content we have available
- To make recommendations about how our online channels could be developed to engage our audiences with our content more effectively
- To manage relationships with designers and third party agencies to ensure that we deliver world class film, photography, animation, design and copy ensuring that we implement the brand appropriately in all communications channels and across the zoo
- To manage the content creation and photography budget for Chester Zoo and Act for Wildlife.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification in marketing or other relevant qualification
- Have experience of working in a busy marketing department
- Be an engaging and influential writer, with exceptional attention to detail, good understanding of how to manage a brand and an instinct for a great story
- Have experience of creating content for both online and offline marketing, preferably for a not for profit brand
- Have a proven track record of delivering targeted communications to internal and external audiences
- Have experience of using CMS systems, design software, fluent in Microsoft Office and confident producer and editor of film
- Have a sound understanding of digital marketing principles and experience of working with online social networks
- Have an interest in Chester Zoo’s mission relating to conservation and education
- Have good project management skills and the ability to manage relationships with external suppliers and internal and external stakeholders
Hours of work are 40 hours per week from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break. Some weekend and evening working may be required, for which time off in lieu will be given.
The salary for this role is £25,933.21 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found online.
To apply for this position, please go to the careers section of our website select the role and click apply now to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for our Marketing Officer role.