Chichester District Foodbank is a vibrant and ever-evolving community project which provides emergency food to over 5000 local people every year. We are looking to employ a full time Operations Manager at £24,000 per annum. Occasional weekend work. The candidate must have a clean driving license and access to a car.
As the Operations Manager you will oversee the running of our four foodbank centres in Chichester, Midhurst, Selsey and Petworth. You will manage a large team of volunteers to ensure the foodbank centres run efficiently in distributing food parcels and supporting our clients. In addition you will be responsible for the day to day operations including recruitment, induction and ongoing training of volunteers, networking with other agencies administrative duties and maintaining legislative standards. i.e. Health & Safety.
As a Trust with a Christian foundation, the appointee will be required to work in a way that is actively sympathetic, respectful of and supportive towards the Christian values and work of the Charity.
- Leading the recruitment, induction and training of new volunteers.
- Organise ongoing training for volunteers including manual handling, safeguarding and supporting clients.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team leads at the four foodbank centres.
- Ensure the foodbank centres are organised correctly, maintain standards and run efficiently according to Trussell Trust policies and procedures.
- Take the lead on policy including Health and Safety, safeguarding and GDPR.
- Undertake administration.
- Maintain effective communication with Trustees, team leads, volunteers and warehouse manager.
- Maintain effective communication with voucher holders.
- Deputise for the CEO.
We are looking for someone who has an eye for detail in implementing and managing systems and has a proven track record in managing people. The successful applicant will also need to be able to manage a large team of volunteers, have some experience of training, overseeing safeguarding, H&S and GDPR and is able to build good working relationships with other agencies. We need someone who has a passion for social transformation and some working knowledge of Foodbanks. The right person will be driven, self-motivated, be able to work in a team, enjoy problem solving and creating effective systems. There are many pressures and challenges working for a foodbank so this role will suit someone who thrives in a pressured environment.
Please do not apply if you cannot meet the specifications of the role.
To be considered for this role please upload your CV to the Charity Job portal, along with a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) highlighting why you are suitable for the post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.