CHICKS is a national children's charity providing free respite breaks to disadvantaged children from all over the UK. We believe every child has the right to make positive childhood memories. A CHICKS break inspires new confidence and gives children the chance to have fun, enjoy new experiences and relax. More than anything, it gives them the chance to just be children.
You as the new Community & Corporate Fundraiser will play a pivotal role in the charity, at a time of significant growth in the Midlands and North for CHICKS. With a relatively new presence in this area, following the opening of our Daleside Retreat in 2017 the need to raise awareness and funds is vital within community groups and businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves connecting and building authentic relationships with people from all walks of life with varied interests and passions, can identify unique opportunities to engaging new areas and people, making CHICKS thier charity of choice and can do so by adapting strong communication skills.
You will need to be confident in speaking to groups, securing opportunities to ‘put CHICKS forward’ and attending events. You will be passionate to grow on our supporter base and develop income streams so we can say ‘yes’ to more children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, tenacious and donor focused individual, who will enjoy the challenge of optimising relationships whilst taking the charity to new audiences. Previous fundraising, sales or marketing experience is desirable, along with strong existing connections.
Scope & Purpose:
The post holder is responsible for securing income and managing relationships with community groups, local businesses and volunteers. Building upon a supporter base you will develop income and awareness within the Midlands through a variety of fundraising activities.
- To implement the regional fundraising plan to raise income from individuals, community groups, business’, educational volunteers as agreed in the annual budget and meet targets in line with the Fundraising & Development strategy
- Build strong relationships with current and potential supporters including community groups, local businesses, individual donors and education providers
- Establish and manage fundraising volunteer support groups, as well as office and administrative volunteers, to support in delivering agreed income targets
- Develop and organise specific events and support external regional events
- Proactively seek new supporters and interesting ways to generate income from target audiences
- Be an excellent representative of CHICKS through talks, meetings with businesses, networking events
- Utilise fundraising campaigns consistently across the region
- Contribute to the production of a calendared annual community fundraising plan, and implement accordingly
- Ensure that donor and volunteer support is creatively and appropriately acknowledged
- Prepare reports on projects, write articles for newsletters, e-news and local media (supported by Marketing Team)
- Ensure up-to-date records are held on the Raisers Edge database and network folders at all times
- Continue to develop the knowledge and skills required to fulfil the responsibilities of the position
- Attend review meetings as required by your line manager
- Previous fundraising, sales or marketing experience is desirable
- Experience of managing and/or working with volunteers is desirable
- The confidence to network and build beneficial relationships with existing supporters and potential supporters at all levels to develop and maintain income targets
- A creative, articulate and influential communicator, written and oral, with impactful and emotive public speaking skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a team player spirit and an ethos aligned to the charity
- Target driven, with a positive, problem-solving attitude
- The ability to use own initiative, be proactive and think strategically
- Good computer skills with the ability to use CRM database software (experience of a database is desirable)
- A demonstrated commitment to professional standards and applying industry best practice to all aspects of the role
- Existing connections in the Midlands and North are desirable
- Full, clean drivers licence and access to a car is essential
**Please note, once submitting your CV for this role and you are considered for interview, you will be sent a Job Pack and Application Form for completion in order to qualify for an interview. This is in compliance with our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Location: Home-based in Nottingham or Derby. Regular presence at our Daleside Retreat will be required.
Closing date for completed application: Midnight Sunday 27th October 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 11th November 2019