CHICKS is an award-winning national children's charity that aims to provide life-enhancing respite breaks to as many disadvantaged young people as possible, from all over the UK, at one of its retreats in the South West and Derbyshire.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to build our fundraising capacity as well as grow our presence nationally by providing excellent fundraising and communications knowledge and offer strategic guidance and support as part of the leadership team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who will give CHICKS a voice and help move the charity forward for the future.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional, a team player willing to take on a varied role, working across multiple sites, with ambition to grow income and deliver new initiatives.
Role Scope & Purpose:
You as the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective running of the Fundraising and Development Team, meeting fundraising targets, developing income streams, ensuring the CHICKS voice is heard nationally, marketing a series of campaigns across the year, and motivating an enthusiastic and talented team.
- Develop the fundraising and development strategy to raise income in line with set targets, the agreed annual budget and the charity's business plan
- Ensure all fundraising activity is compliant with relevant charity and other statutory legislation and conforms to Institute of Fundraising and Fundraising Regulator codes of conduct and practice
- Keep abreast of changes in market practices and trends in charitable giving both locally and nationally
- Control and monitor budgets in respect of the fundraising and communications targets and objectives
- To analysis, identify and evaluate fundraising and communications options; utilising financial and other performance management data
- Make and assist with presentations about CHICKS to potential and current donors
- Travel nationally as required, following and strengthening fundraising leads
- Build strong relationships with current and potential donors and ensure that ongoing support is appropriately recognised
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that monthly reconciliation of all income and expenditure is in line with targets set
- Be an active and effective member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Continue to develop the knowledge and skills required to fulfil the responsibilities of the position
- Produce regular reports for our Trustees and attend Board and Action Group meetings as required
- Experience of managing a fundraising team
- Experience in fundraising and communications
- Ability to use own initiative and think strategically
- A self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Good humoured and approachable
- Full Drivers Licence and access to a car is essential
- Have excellent attention to detail and the ability to adhere to specific deadlines
- An articulate and persuasive communicator with the ability to establish and manage various donor relationships and building strategic relationships
- Good computer skills with the ability to use database software. Experience of Raiser’s Edge is desirable
- Ability to show a commitment to professional standards and apply industry best practice to all aspects of the role
- To understand and actively reinforce the ethos, culture and operations of CHICKS
**Please note, once submitting a CV and if you are successful at the shortlisting stage, you will be sent a Job Pack and Application Form for completion in order to qualify for an interview. This is in compliance with our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Closing date for completed applications: Midday on Monday 6th January 2020
Interviews for this position are likely to be held mid-January
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.