CHICKS is a national children’s charity providing free respite breaks to young people aged 8-17 from all over the UK who would really benefit from a break from their home lives. We were established in 1992 and since then we have provided over 16,000 young people with a much-needed break.
We believe that every young person has the right to make positive childhood memories. A CHICKS break inspires new confidence and gives young people the chance to have fun, enjoy new experiences and relax. More than anything, it gives them the chance to just be children.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to build our fundraising capacity as well as grow our presence nationally by providing excellent fundraising and communications knowledge and offer strategic guidance and support as part of the leadership team.
This role has line responsibility for the Fundraising and Retail Team who are based across various locations.
The Director of Income will take up a key leadership role in a progressive, professional, and collaborative organisation. Committed to CHICKS vision and values, the Director of Income will inspire, motivate, and empower others, building a high-performance culture across, fundraising, retail, and marketing.
Our income generation activities need to be fully aligned with this ambition. The Director of Income will build long-lasting partnerships, both internal and external, communicate with and influence a range of audiences, and bring innovation to income generation at CHICKS.
Scope & Purpose:
The successful candidate will be a strong commercial leader with a record of achieving substantial income targets while driving growth and brand development. To deliver this role you will require an extensive track record of developing and implementing strategic plans to achieve income growth, as well as a wide knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of income streams.
· Develop the income strategy to raise income in line with set targets, the agreed annual budget and the charity's business plan
· Be an active and effective member of the Senior Leadership Team
· Lead the Income teams in expanding and delivering our charitable income
· Control and monitor budgets in respect of the fundraising, shops and communications targets and objectives
· Plan and deliver, with support from the team, new marketing initiatives that will increase our visibility both locally and nationally
· Build relationships with our most significant funders, through regular communication and face-to-face meetings where possible, and ensure that they continue to feel close to our aims and work
· Ensure all income activity is compliant with relevant charity and other statutory legislation and conforms to Institute of Fundraising and Fundraising Regulator codes of conduct and practice
· Keep abreast of changes in market practices and trends in charitable giving both locally and nationally
· To analysis, identify and evaluate income and communications options; utilising financial and other performance management data
· Make and assist with presentations about CHICKS to potential and current donors
· Travel nationally as required, following and strengthening fundraising leads
· Build strong relationships with current and potential donors and ensure that ongoing support is appropriately recognised
· Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that monthly reconciliation of all income and expenditure is in line with targets set
· Continue to develop the knowledge and skills required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
· Produce regular reports for our Trustees and attend Board and Action Group meetings as required
· A proven track record in fundraising and retail
· Delivery and monitoring of income generation strategies and implementation
· Capacity to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
· Outstanding written communications, particularly for funding applications, project management, including reporting
· Ability to understand and use financial language and budgets, and to set departmental budgets and targets
· Strong research and prospecting skills
· A self-starter with strong self-management skills
· Good humoured and approachable
· Full Drivers Licence and access to a car is essential
· Have excellent attention to detail and the ability to adhere to specific deadlines
· An articulate and persuasive communicator with the ability to establish and manage various donor relationships and building strategic relationships
· Good computer skills with the ability to use database software. Experience of Raiser’s Edge is desirable
· Ability to show a commitment to professional standards and apply industry best practice to all aspects of the role
· To understand and actively reinforce the ethos, culture and operations of CHICKS
Please submit the application form outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role of Director of Income, as set out in the brief.
Applications should be sent with reference DIRECTOR OF INCOME.
Closing Date for Applications: Midday, Monday 1 June 2020
Formal interviews are likely to take place in early June 2020
We will be reviewing applications as soon as they come in so please ensure that you act quickly if you are interested in this post. CHICKS reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date specified, should we find the suitable candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.