CHICKS is a national children's charity providing free respite breaks to disadvantaged children from all over the UK. We believe every child has the right to make positive childhood memories. A CHICKS break inspires new confidence and gives children the chance to have fun, enjoy new experiences and relax. More than anything, it gives them the chance to just be children.
Working as a key member of the Young Persons Hub, The Young Persons Hub Coordinator will be responsible for the allocation of young people and volunteers onto our respite breaks. This role also has scope to engage and develop new and existing contacts with the aim of increasing referrals as needed.
To be successful you should have strong interpersonal and organisational skills, be able to communicate well with professionals, parents and people of all ages and backgrounds. You will be creative and adaptable as well as being independent and self-motivated. You should be competent using Microsoft Office and Outlook as well as being able to pick-up new systems/databases easily.
Scope and Purpose:
Responsible for the allocation of young people and volunteers onto our respite breaks, working closely with various team members as well as being involved in developing potential community partnerships with other young person’s organisations and volunteer networks.
- To work with the rest of the Young Persons Hub to coordinate successful respite breaks.
- To engage with partner organisations to develop long-term relationships to facilitate referrals.
- Identifying new referral organisations in areas of high deprivation to source new ways that our service can be promoted and made accessible.
- To liaise with referrers to assess young people’s suitability for a respite break.
- To research new opportunities for engaging and recruiting respite break volunteers.
- To work with the YP Hub Admin to ensure sufficient volunteer numbers on our respite breaks.
- To attend volunteer fayres in the surrounding areas as required.
- To facilitate volunteer inductions for all new volunteers.
- To follow the referral allocation process to ensure all necessary information is obtained, communicated and stored confidentially.
- To work towards organisational, departmental and individual objectives and targets alongside the rest of the YP Hub.
- To keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering.
- To input and maintain data on Raisers Edge database and support the Young Persons Hub in ensuring records are accurate.
- To follow procedures which maintain GDPR compliance.
- To handle enquiries from supporters, volunteers, staff and suppliers ensuring a high level of customer care.
- To provide advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- To collate monthly demographic data and support development and distribution of our monthly internal bulletin.
- Any other duties related to this role as directed by your Line Manager.
- To provide the Chief Executive, SLT and others with any information they require to perform their roles in a timely manner.
CHICKS has a responsibility for and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a number of employment checks including a check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
**Please note, once submitting your CV for this role, you will be sent a Job Pack and Application Form for completion in order for your application to be processed. This is in compliance to our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Closing date for completed applications: Midday Friday 2nd August
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.