Healthwatch Nottingham seek an experienced CEO to help put the voice of citizens at the centre of health and care and drive improvement.
Chief Executive Officer
Salary £35,000 p.a.
Since April 2013 Healthwatch Nottingham (HWN) has been the City’s independent consumer champion for health and social care for adults, children and young people.
We are looking for a new Chief Executive who has experience of leading an organisation or team in the private, public or voluntary/community sector and working with a range of public sector agencies, including NHS and Local Government bodies.
This is a high profile role, and applicants will have experience of a leadership role, a track record of successful service delivery and be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to patient and service user involvement.
As our Chief Executive your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for staff leadership and management, and administration of the organisation following on from the Board’s policies and decisions;
- Lead on management of the contract with commissioners and take full responsibility for ensuring the contract requirements, objectives and performance measures are fully met.
- To work with the Chair and the Board to ensure on-going financial viability of the organisation and the appropriate allocation of all resources;
- To promote the organisation through effective networks, internal and external communication processes and links with the media
- Lead on making sure Healthwatch Nottingham’s evidence base is extensive, robust and well managed in order to support voice and influence activities
- To help the Chair and Board develop and manage a wide range of external relationships and act as an advocate with the private, voluntary and community sectors;
- Develop a positive working relationship with Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of health and social care services and an appreciation of the broad social, political and economic trends influencing them. S/he will be required to commit to Healthwatch Nottingham’s approach to valuing diversity and equal opportunities through its service delivery and employment. .
Holidays: 26 days plus Bank Holidays
Hours: 37 hours per week
Based at: 21 Clarendon Street, Nottingham.