Willen Hospice – Chief Executive
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: circa £80,000 per annum + benefits
Our vision is to be the lasting and thriving provider of free care to all people affected by life limiting illness in our community. This will be made possible by a community working together continually to share in the delivery of the most assuring, equally accessible and advanced care available.
We are seeking a new Chief Executive who is passionate about the vision of Willen Hospice and has substantial experience of working in a senior management role. You will be a strategic thinker with financial acumen and a passion to lead the team to achieve our vision to always be there to care. We need someone to command respect and show understanding across all levels of the organization. Conviction in approach and an ability to lead and inspire both clinical and fundraising teams is essential.
In implementing our strategic plan, you’ll lead a team of around 180 staff and over 600 volunteers. It’s a team that covers a range of specialisms and talents – from doctors to marketeers to housekeepers to delivery drivers to nurses. It’s a team that is committed and passionate about what we do at Willen Hospice and one this is driven to succeed to offer the best possible service for our patients and their loved ones.
Willen Hospice is an incredible place and we’re looking for an incredible leader to take us on the next part of our journey.
Candidates must have:
- Board level experience in not-for-profit, public sector, health or social organisation
- At least 5 years’ experience of leading a team of senior managers in an organisation
- Been responsible for setting or influencing the strategic direction of an organisation
- Been responsible for business planning and budgeting and accountable for an annual budget in excess of £3m
- Experience of leading a major change initiative that has included organisational restructuring and behaviour change
- Governance and risk mitigation experience
- Experience of contract negotiation for the provision of services, products and/or funding
- Experience of building strategic alliances or partnerships to deliver a service
- Experience of generating income and campaign management
- Used to speaking publicly on behalf of the organisation