Chief Operations Officer
Based in Leeds city centre with national travel
Eden brown is extremely proud to be representing Heart Research UK in their search for a Chief Operations Officer. Heart Research UK are national charity that has been helping hearts near you since 1967. Heart Research UK fund ground-breaking medical research as well as helping communities to improve their lifestyles through their Healthy Heart grants - encouraging people to live healthier, happier and longer lives. They are in a strong position to grow and are looking to be able to cultivate a top class team to continue funding pioneering medical research, enhancing clinicians' knowledge and skills and encouraging healthy hearts in the community.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team the COO will report directly to the Chief Executive leading the delivery of all aspects of HRUK's activities, business objectives and strategy, ensuring the functionality of the charity to drive sustainable growth. You will work with the Chief Executive to lead on the charities strategic development and cultivate a highly effective structure to support the charities growth and activities, nationally.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of all operations to include change management and implementing a new structure.
- Day-to-day management of the office and the key senior management contact for all operational staff
- Maximization of the operational, financial and quality aspects of the charity
- Overall management of the charities operational budgets, targets and financial performance against business plans
- Responsibility for accurate and timely information for Chief Executive and the trustees
- Human resources lead including personnel development, performance management and objective setting and review.
- Overall governance of the charity to include compliance with statutory requirements, charity and company law, quality assurance and health and safety.
- Representing HRUK externally and relationship management with external stakeholders
To be considered for this exciting role you will be an experienced, proven leader with the confidence and ability to implement a strong business culture which encourages co-operation and excellent communication streams both internally and externally.
You will have:
- At least 5 years experience in a senior management role ideally within the charity sector although other backgrounds will be considered.
- Strong organisational and management skills with the ability to direct work priorities and lead a diverse team
- Ability to develop open and collaborative relationships, able to delegate and empower staff.
- Excellent business acumen with experience in understanding financial accounts and the analysis of financial information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate integrity and reliability.
For more information please send an up to date CV or get in touch for more information
Closing Date: 20th of January 2017
Interviews: Either week commencing the 30th of January or 6th of February
Your expert recruitment consultant is Leanne Roberts, call today on 0113 394 0133 or email [email protected]
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.