Salary: Up to £44,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Contract: 1-year fixed term contract
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Location: Brockley, South East London; at the moment we are working flexibly and remotely
Childnet is a children’s charity with a mission to help make the internet a great and safe place for children and young people. Since 1995 we have had a positive impact with our empowering, youth-led, evidence-based, collaborative approach to empower children and young people to use the internet safely and positively.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy CEO, a key role within the organisation that provides the opportunity for hands-on as well as strategic working. It is a full-time position and works across a range of exciting projects and activities at Childnet. This role would suit an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about making a positive difference for children and young people online.
In this role, you will
- Work collaboratively as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT), comprising the CEO, Business Manager and Deputy CEO, and attend trustees meetings.
- Lead on the development and implementation of Childnet’s fundraising strategy, alongside the Business Manager who provides the HR function.
- Manage the Communications and Marketing Manager, as well as the Programme Manager for the Childnet Digital Leaders team, supporting them to deliver engaging programmes, communications and marketing.
- Work closely with colleagues across the UK Safer Internet Centre (UKSIC), acting as a Deputy Director and working closely with our partners the Internet Watch Foundation and SWGfL to ensure that the UK Safer Internet Centre achieves its goals to educate and support the general public, educators, families and young people to stay safe online. A significant part of your role is to coordinate Safer Internet Day
Some of the skills you will need are
- Experience of programme and project management – including planning, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting
- Effective team leadership and/or line management experience
- Demonstrable fundraising experience and success, including proposal writing for corporates and charitable trusts, and for UK and local government
- Experience of financial and budget management (including setting, monitoring and reporting on team and/or project budgets)
- Experience of working with children and young people
In return at Childnet, you can enjoy a range of employee benefits including a generous employer’s pension scheme of 10% and annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
For further information, please click the apply button!
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 3rd November 2021.
Interviews: Will be held via Zoom on 11th November 2021, with second round interviews on 18th November 2021.