Job Title Head of Children’s Alliance
Location Exeter head office, hybrid working
Salary Grade £40,000 (pro rata)
Hours Full time (potentially 4 days p/w)
Duration of 6 months
We are looking for a Head of Children’s Alliance to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Charity Leader to play a crucial part in shaping and delivering the ambitions for our CIC. If you are driven, passionate, self-reliant, motivated and resilient we want to hear from you.
What is the Children’s Alliance?
The Children’s Alliance is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and an outreach initiative of Water Babies, the world’s leading baby and early years swimming company. Children’s Alliance was launched by Water Babies in 2019 under the banner of the Children First Alliance and has evolved as its vision has, to give children the best start in life.
This person will lead the establishment of this new CIC and drive the success of this organisation. The candidate will embrace the vision and provide strategic leadership, enabling the Children’s Alliance to achieve its purpose. They will act as the lead ambassador for the CIC and raise its profile for all supporters and stakeholders. Values and culture will be key and the Head will lead and empower volunteers and contracted workers. They will be accountable to the Board for ensuring that it operates legally and safely. The Children’s Alliance is the giving platform for Water Babies and is aligned in its purpose and culture.
They will provide strategic leadership, enabling:
- Children’s Alliance to achieve its income generation targets through the development of comprehensive fundraising plans
- Children’s Alliance to be a respected, credible and a relevant CIC to its stakeholders (Water Babies staff, network, consumers, and its own members) and broader society
- To drive the direction of the Children’s Alliance’s work to achieve its objectives to build brighter futures for the next generation of babies (specifically these are leading a political campaign to secure a cabinet minister position for children and delivering community led programs)
- A successful leadership track record within an appropriate organisation with a strong fundraising or commercial element
- Proven experience of financial and budget management, constructing income targets and developing financial sustainability
- Evidence of developing organisational values and culture. Experience of empowering, motivating and building teams through exceptional people leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate strong advocacy skills, as the public face of the CIC the post holder must be able to effectively promote its purpose through confident public speaking and as a media spokesperson
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Strong culture of company support with ongoing training opportunities
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible Hybrid working
- Enhanced holiday and leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Life Cover
- Pension scheme
- Company-wide social activities
- A rewarding role to be proud of
We Take Care of Our People
Our diverse team makes us who we are and we aren't afraid to shout about it. We’ve made it the kind of company where you can balance great work with a great life. We want you for what you can do.
This is a demanding job, but you get so much back from it in return. As a team, we have great fun and work extremely well together – because we care about each other and we'll support you through thick and thin.
To Apply Please send your CV and a covering letter Closing Date 15 November 2021