Children’s Communication Officer
Fixed Term Contract to 30 September 2016
Based in Milton Keynes with option of working 2 days in London Victoria office
Frequent international travel
Monitor, evaluate and communicate to help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be voted one of the Top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2015’.
As a key member within our Supporter / Sponsorship Experience team, this is an interesting and highly rewarding role where you will support the implementation of ‘The Storyteller’s World’ child communications training programme across World Vision sponsorship projects. This is a role where you will also monitor, evaluate and communicate its impact.
The role will enable you to coordinate and support staff in UK field offices in the implementation of child communications activities and for this, notable areas of responsibility will include:
• Assisting in the design and management of training implementation plans and refresher training workshops
• Conducting follow up meetings with National Offices, Coordinators, Portfolio Managers, Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officers to monitor progress and provide support for field projects as necessary
• Providing ongoing analysis of current child communications and sponsorship practices, systems and tools and offer other viable recommendations
• Researching the impact of quality child communications in respect of sponsorship engagement and retention
• Leading the implementation of additional child communications support materials and focused worksheets as well as creating complementary versions for distance learning
• Raising the profile of child communication within World Vision UK and across the global partnership by creating data reports, preparing impact reports and promoting awareness through other communications channels
• Embody World Vision’s Christian ethos when delivering training and actively participate in devotional groups and worship sessions both in the UK and within our field projects.
To perform well, you will ideally possess a Master’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in the area of field facilitation and child focused training delivery within a large international NGO. Either way, you will need a strong understanding of child participation and child voice methodology and an interest in marketing and communications practices. Candidates possessing a background in child development and other related methodologies are welcome to apply. If you have a second language such as French or Spanish, this would be advantageous though not a pre-requisite.
There’s no doubt that this position requires passion, commitment to the mission and values of World Vision, along with enthusiasm, drive and flair for working with children and adults where you will thrive by creating dynamic learning opportunities.
As a Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith within World Vision UK and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
Ultimately, you will play your part in increasing our impact and influence to bring real change in the lives of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable children; therefore frequent travel and the ability to undertake field visits to regions where World Vision operates will be necessary.
In addition to the salary indicated, we offer benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, Childcare Vouchers and free parking.
Do you have the range of qualities required to succeed in this role?
Please visit our website in order to view the Job Description, complete our short online application form and upload your CV.
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2015
Interviews: w/c 14th December 2015
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer and this role requires the post holder to have a Christian faith as an occupational requirement.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
No agencies please