Title of post: Community Fundraiser
Responsible to: Senior Community Fundraising Manager
Salary: £23,000 -£25,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: 24/02/2020 – Interview Date 05/03/2020
Established in 1988, the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund is a charity providing support for children and adults born with Congenital Heart Defects and their families. Since then, we have awarded around £6 million in grants to the Leeds Congenital Heart Unit, its patients and their families, as well as funding important research proposals. It’s all thanks to the overwhelming generosity of the general public and our corporate supporters, and by the amazing efforts of our fundraisers.
CHSF provides valuable equipment, resources and research, as well as providing a support service for both the children and their families along the way.
As Community Fundraiser you will be responsible for developing professional fundraising relationships with our family supporters, individuals and groups across the community of Yorkshire. This includes supporting and retaining existing supporters and being proactive in developing new opportunities to increase funding.
You will promote the charity and its fundraising initiatives as well as encourage others to participate in CHSF Events or encourage them to create their own fundraising events. Acting as an ambassador for CHSF by attending cheque presentations and presenting to various community groups in order to raise awareness and develop fundraising in the local/regional community.
- Develop key relationships with family supporters, groups and individuals across the local region.
- Plan, organise and manage community opportunities.
- Proactively work in the community to develop relationships and secure income.
- Recruit, support, develop and motivate volunteers and fundraising groups to raise income for the charity.
- Raise awareness of the charity and highlight the valuable work of CHSF throughout the region.
- Manage your time effectively and work collaboratively with others in the fundraising team.
- Organise and promote CHSF events on social media. Inc Facebook Instagram and Twitter.
- Assist fundraisers with their events and ensure that the necessary help, support and advice is provided throughout.
- Develop effective working relationships across the charity. It is essential for the Community Fundraiser to work collaboratively across teams.
- Carry out ward visits to meet families/ patients. Develop relationships with medics and nursing professionals on the ward.
- Work as part of the wider fundraising team to increase participation on CHSF’s annual “Wear Red Campaign”
- Deliver against fundraising targets and manage budgets effectively.
- Database management. Record all relevant information on the database as required and maintain up to date records. To acknowledge all donations and support as required.
- Always adhere to data protections rules
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years fundraising experience
- Proven experience in volunteer management
- Experience of working to and achieving financial targets
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly professional with a self-motivated approach and drive to achieve targets
- Ability to work autonomously but also as part of the wider team
- Available to work flexibly as and when required to cover events at evenings and on weekends etc.
- Available to travel throughout the Yorkshire region
- Able to work creatively and innovatively to provide new ideas
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to empathise with families and patients
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.