Every week three children die in Scotland from an incurable condition. CHAS intends to be there for every one of those children.
We are looking for a Press Officer to plan and deliver successful PR and marketing campaigns that will raise awareness of our brand, our fundraising strategy and increase our engagement with stakeholders.
Working within the culture, ethos and philosophy of CHAS, you will deliver high quality and engaging content that inspires the public and stakeholders to support our cause.
You will identify varied PR opportunities to support the promotion and awareness of CHAS, raising public awareness and stakeholder interest. To achieve this, you will:
• Work with and support fundraising and retail colleagues to identify varied PR opportunities to support their work.
• Write and produce engaging materials, including press releases, managing interest from the media and where relevant stakeholders
• Provide the first response to media inquiries, ensuring approval procedures are followed and relevant staff and stakeholders are informed.
• Ensure our media database is up-to-date and relationships with key media contacts are maintained.
• Advise and train colleagues of PR and marketing opportunities and developments, including support with media interviews, ensuring that staff are confident in use of brand and toolkits.
• Assist the Communications Manager in the creation and management of a communications strategy, crisis communication and key communications materials.
In order to deliver the culture, ethos and philosophy of CHAS you will have;
• Educated to degree level in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing, Business and Journalism
• A Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in a Press Officer role
• An ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of implementing and communicating social media best practices organisation-wide
• Experience or knowledge of video production, from planning through to editing and dissemination across channels
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the heart-breaking prognosis that their child is dying, and offer them our care and support to empower them to make the most of the short time they have together. As a Press Officer, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information can be found in the attached documents
To be part of the future of CHAS, click on the link at the top of this screen and complete our online application form. Please note that we are unable to accept CV’s.
This post is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.