Shop Assistant Manager
Salary: £18,525 per annum pro rata
Contract: Permanent Part-Time (22.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 9th February 2022
Children’s Hospices Across Scotland, or as we are better known, CHAS, is a charity on a mission. We’re determined to ensure that wherever there’s a child in Scotland with a life-shortening condition we’re on hand to support them and their family. We want to make sure that no matter how short their time together, it is filled with moments of joy.
Three children die in Scotland each week from an incurable condition. Presently, CHAS is only able to reach one of those children and their families. We are determined to change that.
We are looking for a Shop Assistant Manager to join our Kinross shops to help us deliver a high level of service to the public, maximise vital income and raise awareness of CHAS.
Reporting to the Shop Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day to day running of the charity shops.
- Promote a service driven culture, providing excellent customer service to help maximise sales, donations and the profitability of the shops
- Assume full responsibility for the day to day running of the shops in the absence of the Shop Manager
- Be an ambassador for CHAS in the shops, bringing to life the communication of key activities, messages and the wider CHAS strategy
- Help to maintain a high standard of visual merchandising and display throughout the shops
- Initiate and promote improvement activity opportunities to grow and develop the business
- Promote the CHAS values and behaviours to motivate and engage staff & volunteers
In order to effectively support CHAS and its fundraising activities, you will:
- Be enthusiastic and energetic, passionate about the values, vision and purpose of CHAS
- Deliver excellent customer service and enjoy working in retail
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills to build effective relationships with staff, volunteers and the general public
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the heart-breaking prognosis that their child is dying, and offer them our care and support to empower them to make the most of the short time they have together. As a Shop Assistant Manager, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information can be found in the attached documents.
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Kenneth Doig, Retail Development Manager.
For any queries regarding the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment Team.
To be part of the future of CHAS, click ‘Apply now’ to visit our CHAS Careers website and complete our online application form. Please note that we are unable to accept CV’s.
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland Basic Disclosure check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.