Sexual violence simply shouldn't exist and no one should deal with it alone. Whilst sexual abuse exists we'll be here to support and empower the victims, inform the public and protect future generations.
SV 2 has been supporting victims of sexual violence since 1994, and today provides a range of services to anyone in Derbyshire or Derby City who has experienced sexual violence, including friends and family members.
We're looking for an experienced children's therapist to join our friendly, professional and passionate team, working across Derbyshire remotely and in person, with the ability to provide in person support to people in the Peak District.
You'll be providing therapeutic support to children who have experienced sexual violence at any point in their lives through both short and long-term therapy as part of our holistic service. We support people of any age and gender and are keen to ensure that our staff team is just as diverse as the population we serve.
You might be the right person for the role if you have:
- A recognised qualification in counselling or psychotherapy for children and young people to at least Diploma Level 4
- Registration, or willingness to work towards registration with an appropriate professional body (BACP, NCS or similar)
- Extensive knowledge, experience and awareness of rape, sexual abuse, rape trauma syndrome and their effects within the therapeutic setting
- At least 450 hours post qualifying experience
- Two years experience of undertaking therapeutic assessments
- Brilliant communication skills
- Ful driving licence and ability to travel across the county on a regular basis
We're keen to hear from you if you are looking for a flexible role, and are open to offering a contract of between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week. In exchange we offer a competitive salary, 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a comprehensive employee wellbeing service.
This role is subject to Enhanced DBS certification and Police Vetting due to the nature of our services. You can find out more about our recruitment of ex offenders policy by contacting us
If you have any additional questions please contact us
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.