Our vision is simple: a world where every child has equal opportunity to unlock their full potential through learning beyond the classroom.
Children’s University Trust is the charity at the heart of the Children’s University network. We are a small and agile organisation with a big reach and even bigger ambitions, so we are looking for new Trustees to join our Board and play a part in guiding us towards achieving them. Our executive team do the day to day work while our Trustees help to shape our strategy and ensure we have the greatest impact as a charity.
For starters, there’s a few things you should know:
- As a charity, our impact is huge and indirect. We operate as a social franchise and work with over 60 delivery partners to reach more than 110,000 children in over 1,000 schools each year.
- We’re digital thinkers. Last year we launched Children’s University Online, a bespoke digital platform that offers significant opportunity for us to use participation data to best support children, schools, partners and policy makers. While still in its infancy, this platform already has over 18,000 users and digital is a key part of our strategy.
- We’ve really felt the hit of Covid-19. It’s been a cruel irony that the Covid-enforced closure of schools and public destinations led to a subsequent reliance on home, self-led activities and independent learning. This had the effect of both threatening our work while simultaneously highlighting the very need for it. We want people joining our Board to be able to use their experience and expertise to help keep us robust.
- We are proactively and intentionally seeking out people with different perspectives and viewpoints. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and not just as buzzwords; we support a wide breadth of children and communities and we need a Board that reflects this.
We are looking for high-calibre candidates who have proven success in their own field of work and are passionate about:
- social mobility
- the power and potential of informal education and informal skills development
- raising young aspirations
- closing gaps in educational opportunity, attainment and outcome
- boosting the self-confidence, resilience, and cultural capital of children, regardless of their background.
We particularly welcome applications from a diverse range of people to reflect the diverse nature of our beneficiaries. The children we work with come from a broad range of backgrounds. To best support all the children we benefit, our Trustees need to come from a wide range of backgrounds themselves. We therefore welcome applications irrespective of gender, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, race or religion and belief. We will particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates and younger applicants to increase the diversity of the Board.
Right now, we are particularly looking for candidates who can deepen our expertise in these key skill areas:
- legal expertise
- data (management and insights)
- marketing and communications
- income generation
- corporate fundraising
If this sounds like an organisation you want to be a part of and you want to find out more about Children’s University, the role of Trustee and the impact you could have apply online. Your statement should include why you would like to become one of our Trustees, what experience you have in one or more of the key skill areas we identify, and how you think you could help.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.