Working within the Individual Giving team, your role will be to manage and support the delivery of supporter-centric fundraising appeals, which may recruit, retain or develop supporters. These appeals will include utilising online and offline channels such as TV adverts, paid social advertising, SMS, email, private sites, direct mail, and telemarketing.
- Create, plan, deliver and evaluate multi-channel, compliant, insight-led, supporter-centric campaigns to enable us to deliver both individual appeal goals as well as/in line with wider organisational goals.
Appeals could include:
- Acquisition through cold DM, TV, digital and private’s sites etc
- Development and retention through direct mail, email, SMS etc
Campaign asks could range from gaming to cause-related asks for a one-off or regular gift.
- Deliver fundraising projects and campaigns to schedule, to budget and to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and liaise with external agencies and suppliers to effectively deliver projects and campaigns.
- Being aware and respectful of different processes, timeframes and ways of working
- Being proactive with timely and relevant updates or communications
- Being open to feedback and the use of different tools to support project progression or communications.
Internal teams could include: Supporter Care, Data, Digital/Communications, Research and Finance etc.
External partners could include: Agencies providing media, creative, channel-specific fundraising services for example.
- Regularly review, communicate and document key performance indicators across your appeals and keep key stakeholders updated. Ensure you provide commentary to accompany results reporting, drawing on insights and the wider picture to add context and make recommendations from your learnings.
- Accurately record, process and reconcile expenditure to ensure value for money and account for financial resources
- Supporting other IG colleagues in campaign delivery (e.g. laser proofing, ideation and proof-reading) or other tasks/projects where necessary (e.g. fulfilment stock management or cross-team ways of working)
- Shared responsibility to ensure all relevant processes and opportunities for improvement are shared.
- Help supporter-facing teams during busy periods.
- Volunteer at events when required e.g. London Marathon, Zippo’s Circus etc
- Undertake any other duties that are relevant to the job as requested by your line manager.
Education & Qualifications
- Marketing or direct marketing qualification
- 1year + of direct marketing or transferrable experience. This should include project managing or assisting a project manager to plan and deliver activity and evaluate results.
- Familiarity with direct marketing methods to recruit, retain and develop supporters
- Able to create and tailor engaging and emotive copy for a range of different channels
- Managing supplier relationships
- Working knowledge of supporter databases, targeting, segmentation and response analysi
- Voluntary sector experience
- Experience of using direct marketing methods to recruit, retain and develop supporters e.g. telemarketing
- Knowledge of testing, validation and taking campaign learnings forward
- Experience of The Raiser’s Edge database
- Knowledge of print and online production processes
- Understanding of the Gift Aid process
- Understanding of regulations that govern fundraising
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to confidently manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and evaluation skills
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative internal and external relationships
- Good communication skills
- Fast-learner who can use their own initiative and work independently
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities to enhance ways of working
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Numerate: particularly for results reporting and formulas with excel and assisting with reforecasting
- Good I.T. skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent written English including spelling and grammar
- Team player with positive, pro-active attitude
- Goal and results-orientated
- Compassion towards children with cancer and their families
At Children with Cancer UK, we value diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Attach CV along with your Covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.