The Chilterns MS Centre are looking for a dynamic Head of Fundraising
About the Chilterns MS Centre
At the Chilterns MS Centre we believe that people living with multiple sclerosis (MS) deserve to lead healthier and happier lives. Our mission is to help them achieve this by empowering them to manage their symptoms through long-term physical, practical and emotional support.
We support over 500 people with MS from our purpose-built Centre nestling in the Chiltern Hill just outside Wendover, Buckinghamshire.
Our members describe us as their ‘lifeline’ - the type of support we offer is not available to them on the NHS.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising to bring an entrepreneurial mindset to developing new income generation streams and give strong inspirational, strategic and operational leadership to our talented fundraising team.
You will be part of the management team working with the Chief Executive and closely with the Board of Trustees. Responsible for managing our existing portfolio of fundraising activity, you will also develop new sources of fundraising to achieve our strategic objectives and income targets.
This exciting opportunity comes at a time when the charity is developing a new strategic plan and redefining our brand story.
Our Head of Fundraising will
- Grow, leverage and manage strategic partnerships including existing corporates and major donors
- Review and implement fundraising strategies
- Ensure that we have appropriate systems, resources and procedures in place to deliver our key income generation objectives
- Keep abreast of fundraising developments across the charity and business sectors
- Manage our fundraising team of a Trusts and Grants Fundraising Manager, Community and Events Fundraising Manager, Community and Events Fundraiser and fundraising volunteers
- Deputise for the Chief Executive in his absence
What you will bring to us
- Significant experience operating at a senior level in fundraising environment
- Extensive experience of delivering income through strategic partnerships
- An entrepreneurial approach to securing new funding streams
- Outstanding skills in relationship-building with prospects, donors, trustees and colleagues
- Strong organisational, analytical and budgetary management skills
- Experience in leading and managing a team effectively
Please see our recuitment pack for further details