This is a 12 month maternity cover
Please make sure to answer the compentency questions listed below in your application
Christian Aid Ireland believes that everyone, regardless of faith or race, is entitled to live a full life, free from poverty. We believe the world can and must be changed so that there is equality, dignity and freedom for all. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team and to make this change happen.
About the role
This post is based in Belfast and reports to the Head of Finance & Governance- Ireland. The Finance Team in Ireland comprises 8 staff: Head of Finance and Governance, 3 x Accountants, 2 x Accounting Technicians and 2 x Administrators. This post is fixed term for 12 months to cover the post holder's maternity leave.
- Member of a CCAB recognised professional accounting body with some post qualification experience.
- Experience of using complex computerised accounting systems
- Experience of working with non-finance managers on complex financial issues
- Experience of producing or assisting in the production of Annual Budgets
- Experience of producing or assisting in the preparation Management Accounts and variance analysis
- Experience of reviewing financial information for consistency and accuracy and in reviewing reconciliations of bank and general ledger accounts
- Significant experience of using Excel
- Experience in preparing or assisting in the preparation on year-end accounts and production of audit file
- Ability to work under pressure and manage and priorities workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Experience of legislative/accounting requirements for Charities in UK and Ireland
- Experience of payroll processing
- Experience of using computerised databases and electronic funds transfer systems
- Experience of accounting in multi-currency environment
- Experience of SUN accounting Systems
- Experience of PROACTIS
- Experience of Adaptive Budgeting system
- Experience of working in a consolidated group structure
- Experience of foreign exchange/treasury management
- Experience of payroll review
- Experience and knowledge of income tax and VAT including practical application of same
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Strive for improvement – Please tell us about a time when you had to implement a new idea to improve organisational effectiveness.
- Build Partnerships – tell us an example of when you had to build relationships with different individuals or other organisations to further your organisations goals.
- Staff Management – Please outline any experience you have in staff management
- Strive for Personal Improvement - How do you go about continuing to develop your professional skills and knowledge? What Training courses have you undertaken recently?
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.