As Christian Aid we recognise that if we are to every reach our goal of eradicating poverty we must work collaboratively with governments, other agencies and faith groups, individuals and the private sector. The Salt Network is committed to igniting faith, supporting leadership and resourcing positive private sector practice. Through a network of regional hubs, online resources and an annual conference the Salt Network is working to develop positive engagement and resource transformative action amongst Christian business leaders to build businesses as a force for good.
About the role
As Christian Aid reviews its private sector engagement strategy, we are looking for a dynamic manager to join the team initially on a 3 month term. The Salt Manager must be a movement builder with a passion for driving forward the values-based business agenda within a context of poverty elevation and Christian faith.
The Salt Manager is line managed by the Private Sector Partnerships Lead and works within the UK and Ireland. This role works closely with the Philanthropy and Trusts team and will be responsible for matrix managing a team of volunteers to deliver the network offering. Whilst in normal times this role involves regular travel within the UK, under Covid-19 restrictions the Salt Manager will need to be adept at utilising digital tools to engage the network.
The role works proactively and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation.
- A proven ability to inspire a wide range of stakeholders from multiple traditions, backgrounds and sectors.
- Analytical skills which can be shown to have led to the achievement of results.
- Excellent communication skills through a range of channels: written, face to face and digital and over distance
- Experience of working with private sector organisations
- Good working knowledge of the church audience
- Degree level or equivalent level of education or relevant experience
- Significant experience of directly managing or supervising volunteers
- Experience of working within complex organisational structures
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Ability to think and plan effectively and strategically
- Ability to monitor activity and ensure that it delivers strategic objectives
- Ability to represent an organisation professionally
- A passion for justice
- Knowledge of global development issues
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.