Christian Aid is a leading international development and humanitarian charity that has been working to combat poverty for 70 years. Our vision is a world where everyone has fullness of life; a life lived with dignity, free from poverty and need; where global resources are equitably shared and sustainably used; and where the voice and agency of the poor and marginalised are fully realised.
About the role
This role works strategically within the Trusts and Foundations team to maximise Christian Aid’s income, with a focus on building high-impact high-value relationships with US, EU and UK trusts and foundations through strategic partnerships. The post holder will focus on a specific strategy of managing US trust growth. The team is highly ambitious with intentions to grow income in the years ahead.
We are looking for a team-player to join our friendly, hard-working and ambitious team:
- Strong track record in securing six-figure + gifts from trusts and foundations
- Strong track record in converting prospective givers into donors
- Strong networking ability to generate new leads
- Good knowledge and experience of designing quality proposals
- Experience of producing in-depth, motivating and inspiring proposals and funding reports
- Experience in responding appropriately to the requirements and demands of funders, with the ability to handle and respond positively to pressure
- A proven ability to devise, implement and manage strategies and budgets
- A proven ability to monitor initiatives and evaluate findings systematically and methodically
- Ability to report findings to the organisation clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of the international charitable trust and foundations market, including trends
- Programme management experience
- Development studies or relevant degree
- Experience raising income from US trusts and foundations
- Experience raising income from statutory bodies
- Language skills (especially Spanish, French or Portuguese)
- Experience of working within an international development organisation
- Other marketing/fundraising techniques
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based. We will consider job share opportunities.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please support a CV and a covering letter which explains why you are interested in the role and how you meet the essential and desirable criteria. If you have specific experience fundraising from US trusts and foundations, please highlight this.
The interview will include a written task as well as a competency based interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.