This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation. As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will work in our Brussels office. You will assist our highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of religious freedom and bringing the plight of those persecuted for their faith to the attention of EU governments and institutions, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), the media and the general public.
Key responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack):
· Assist with the research and analysis of human rights (particularly freedom of religion or belief) information pertaining to a given country, region or situation, including developments at the EU level.
· Assist with the production, maintenance and distribution of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, supporters and internal use.
· Assist with the development of our Brussels-based social media presence.
· Assist with the planning and logistics of advocacy meeting and visiting delegations.
· Assist with the coordination of and follow-up tasks related to our cooperation with major partners in Brussels and elsewhere.
Essential criteria (full criteria listed in the application pack):
· Educated to at least bachelor degree level.
· Fluent written and spoken English.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent research skills.
CSW is a human rights organisation specialising in freedom of religion or belief, and as Christians we stand with everyone facing injustice because of their religion or belief.
This post falls under Article 13 of the Belgian anti-discrimination law of 10 May 2007.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.