City of London, London
£21000 - £25500
Implement the Fundraising Team's 2020 plan for stewardship and cultivation, in line with the Team's overall strategy and in preparation for the launch of CV2030.
- Manage and administer all aspects of the delivery of three high-level, intimate dinners hosted by the Bishop of London (e.g. logistics, content curation, budget management, invitation administration, guest list management, briefing of senior staff, seating plans, guest follow up).
- Support and guide the Bishop of London in the management and development of her relationships with a focused pool of existing and potential funders, particularly following the delivery of the three high-level dinners.
- As Capital Vision 2030 develops, assess the feasibility of fundraising for the organisation's emerging priorities.
- Manage key relationships with the Diocese's historic donors (including individuals, trusts and livery companies) in partnership with the senior leadership team, supporting and guiding senior staff as appropriate.
- Steward funders of live projects and central grant funders to a high standard, including writing and/or coordinating project impact reports.
- Manage the fundraising database Donorflex, including the ongoing process of data cleaning and maintaining accurate records.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with standards of fundraising best practice.
- In all activities and relationships, contribute to the ongoing culture change needed for fundraising to become a more explicit part of the organisation's operations.
Our ideal Candidate will meet the following criteria-
- Experience of high-level donor relationship management, ideally with experience of Major Donor fundraising.
- Experience of building high-level relationships.
- Experience of administering and managing high-level events (scale less significant).
- Experience of using fundraising relationship management databases.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral.
- Ability to assess the feasibility of fundraising for projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to identify problems and opportunities, shape solutions and successfully implement them.
- Ability to influence (e.g. colleagues and stakeholders).
- Dynamic individual with a proactive approach.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Some flexibility, including willingness to work outside working hours occasionally as required.
- Supportive of the aims of the Diocese of London within the Church of England.
- Experience of securing major gifts from Major Donors.
- Experience of managing cost budgets.
- Understanding of the Church of England.
More about Church of England
Posted on: 08 October 2019
Closed date: 29 October 2019
Job ref: cofe/TP/31562/2080