Voluntary Income in The Church of England is over £800M a year, and funds most of the church's mission and ministry. The Church of England has adopted a National Giving Strategy for 2020-2025 that will invest in different ways to encourage giving within its churches.
Marketing forms an essential part of the giving strategy, both to clergy and laity within the Church of England. There is a compelling and urgent need to improve and expand our online advice and guidance, and provide opportunities for online training.
We need to create digital resources that are inspiring and grounded in practical application, that cover the range of ways that we can encourage giving to the church and for people to live more generous lives.
As Marketing Manager, you will work closely with colleagues within the giving and income generation team to develop a marketing strategy that will deliver high quality communications to the various audiences through different channels to support the range of initiatives within the giving strategy. You will also lead on the management and updating of online resources that are critical to enabling parishes to benefit from the giving strategy.
To be successful, you will need experience of delivering a marketing strategy and of using web content and social media to engage and inform effectively.
Due to the specialist nature of the roles within the Giving team, training will be provided to successful candidates to enable them to carry out their role confidently.
This is a fixed term contact expected to last for 3 years.
The willingness to travel throughout England and Wales and work occasional weekends will be required.
At the NCIs many of our staff work flexibly in a number of different ways including where they are based. We are happy to talk at interview about options that might be possible with this role.
Interviews are expected to be held w/c 30th March 2020.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our scheme.
Develop online resources to support giving and generosity within parishes and benefices of The Church of England.
- Establish and manage the 'generous church' web presence on The Church of England website, agreeing structure and content to enable all aspects of giving and generosity to be encouraged.
- Research the range of audiences for the web presence, evaluate the impact of the different areas and adapt content accordingly.
- Develop the capacity for online training, in partnership with suppliers and agencies as appropriate, so that we can offer online training to individuals and parishes in different aspects of encouraging giving and generosity.
- Manage the SharePoint for Giving Advisors, ensuring this is kept up to date, and manage the regular communication and engagement with giving advisors.
- Manage the online queries received from parishes, ensuring they are given to the relevant member of staff and ensuring they are responded to promptly.
Marketing and administrative support
Provide marketing and administrative support (administrative support to be no more than 20% of the role) to colleagues within the Giving and Income Generation team.
- Manage social media campaigns for giving and generosity, liaising closely with the colleagues in the communications department, to ensure a high visibility for giving and generosity across the different social media channels.
- Produce regular email newsletters as required.
- Manage the national conference for giving advisors, and other one day conferences as needed, to support the training of diocesan giving advisors and others.
- Support colleagues, particularly the digital giving manager and generous giving training manager, in event management for their areas of work.
- Line manage the Marketing Officer for Parish Buying, ensuring regular management supervision and the completion of the annual appraisal process.
- Administer the payment of invoices through the SAP system.
Create and deliver a marketing strategy for ongoing communication and engagement with clergy and laity around giving and generosity, through social media and other means, working closely with the NCI's communication department to achieve the greatest impact.
- Research the opportunities for marketing giving and generosity within The Church of England.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify their marketing needs.
- Create a marketing strategy that integrates the different marketing activities of the team into a coherent whole.
- Liaise with colleagues in the communications department so that our marketing activity dovetails with theirs, and enables giving and generosity to be promoted through national communications activities.
- Establish the mechanisms for monitoring the impact of marketing activity, and regularly evaluate the marketing strategy, with reports summarising activity and impact distributed to the wider team.