Voluntary income in the Church of England is over £800M a year, and funds 75% of the cost of parish ministry. The Church of England National Giving Strategy 2020-2024 is investing over £7.5M in enabling giving and encouraging generosity within its churches.
As Regional Giving Advisor, you will work in the National Giving Team to support the network of Diocesan Giving Advisors in the South. You will share your knowledge and insight to help churches enable giving and grow generosity, and support the adoption of good practice in churches and dioceses.
This post is to provide secondment/maternity cover and is expected to last 18 months.
Key priorities will be:
- Supporting the network of Diocesan Giving Advisors across 15 dioceses including recruitment, induction and training of new employees, and non-managerial supervision and mentoring of existing Giving Advisors.
- Administering the Giving Advisor Fund in the South including liaising with senior diocesan staff to monitor the strategic impact of postholders, financial administration of grants, and supporting with recruitment.
- Supporting the National Digital Giving Manager to deliver the national rollout of contactless equipment to our churches in the South region dioceses.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the adoption of good practice across the Church of England as part of the ongoing evaluation of the National Giving Strategy, including the impact of the Giving Advisor Fund.
- Working with the North and Midlands & East Regional Giving Advisors to deliver a training programme to all Giving Advisors on all areas of giving practice and growing a generous culture.
- Facilitating applications to the Generosity Materials Fund.
- Working with the National Giving Ministry Advisor to promote and embed clergy training on giving and generosity throughout the region from IME0 to CMD level.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a number of different ways including where they are based. We are happy to talk at interview about options that might be possible with this role.
Interviews will be held on the 15th or 17th of February 2022.
In return we offer a unique environment with opportunities for continuous learning, generous annual leave for work life balance, season ticket loans and a range of benefits including discounted entry to attractions and what we feel is a market leading package when it comes to our pension scheme.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.