The Church of England is determined to become “safer.” Key to this is getting the organisational culture right and developing confidant safeguarding leadership. We have developed a “safeguarding learning pathway” to be delivered to the senior leadership teams of the different bodies that make up the Church. This will be delivered “virtually” over an 18 month period. We are looking for someone to work with colleagues in the National Safeguarding Team to lead on the facilitation of the sessions that make up the Pathway, and who can incorporate principles and ideas from systemic theory and practice.
Please note this is a 18-month fixed term contract
Please see a few of the main responsibilites below:
- To lead the facilitation of the Senior Leadership Virtual Safeguarding Pathway sessions for the leadership teams of the Church’s 42 dioceses and 42 cathedrals, together with sessions for other groups of senior leaders.
- To bring to the sessions ideas and principles from systemic theory and practice relevant to leadership, organisational culture and development of self.
- To create a trusting space within the groups to enable participants to share safely, and to be responsive to any triggering experienced by participants.
- To assess the impact of the pathway based on the evaluation methodology that has been created.
Please see a few of the requirements for the ideal candidate:
- Able to facilitate groups in a way that ensures maximum engagement by participants, and promotes rich dialogue through which meaning and wisdom are created by the group.
- Able to facilitate groups in a way which encourages self-reflexivity.
- Able to respond to any distress participants might experience.
- Experience of safeguarding work with children and/or adults, including the application of systemic theory and practice.
- Experience of facilitating senior leadership groups, including in respect of safeguarding.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and commitment of others.
- Personal authority, gravitas and confidence – able to influence and persuade at all levels and with a range of stakeholders.
Please see job description attached for full details