Change the trajectory of the UK church on nature and the environment by growing and developing A Rocha UK's Eco Church award scheme!
A Rocha UK is mobilising Christians and churches to take care of the natural world. We believe that doing so is an essential part of our worship and witness as Christians. Our Eco Church award scheme helps churches of all different shapes, sizes and traditions along the journey of caring for the world we’ve been given—from making rural churchyards wildlife-friendly to installing solar panels on urban rooftops. The scheme is well established with nearly 700 registered churches, over 100 of which have already gained at least a bronze award. There is considerable support for the programme from senior leaders in several large denominations.
We are now seeking a Church Relations Manager to grow and develop the programme further. We are also in the process of securing funding for a Programme Officer to handle the administration of the scheme, releasing the Church Relations Manager to develop and grow the programme further.
The successful applicant will build on the work A Rocha UK has begun to change the trajectory of the UK church on the issue of caring for nature and the environment.
To assist in the delivery of our strategic aim of inspiring and equipping churches to protect and restore the natural world by:
- leading, further developing and managing A Rocha UK’s flagship Eco Church programme
- developing relationships with key church influencers at denominational, regional and local levels to move the church towards care for creation as an integral part of their faith and witness
- monitoring and reporting on current trends, thinking and concerns in the UK church in order to inform ongoing strategy development for both Eco Church and A Rocha UK.
• Grow and develop the Eco Church programme
• Develop resources to help churches integrate care for nature into their everyday life and witness
• Organise annual conferences for those involved or interested in Eco Church to meet, learn and share their experiences
• Personally promote the Eco Church programme, including representing A Rocha externally and speaking at events
• Develop effective relationships with leaders and influencers across the different denominations • Manage the church speakers coordinator (a volunteer)
• Recruit and line-manage a Programme Officer to cover the administration of the Eco Church programme (subject to sufficient funding being secured)
• Work with the conservation department to ensure the scientific validity of all activities recommended to churches
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.