We are seeking a highly skilled, driven Grant Writer to join our growing Fundraising Team. We are looking for someone who can be passionate about our mission and who will research, design, write and submit detailed applications for small grants to relevant grant-making bodies to support our services. This will be an exceptional opportunity for a gifted and driven individual to develop new and maintain current funding streams for the charity. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in grant writing, with proven success in securing funds. This role will suit someone who is self-motivated with excellent organisation and time management skills. You will have a love for non-fiction persuasive writing that is clear and concise, and completed quickly but accurately.
The Church Urban Fund’s vision is for people and communities all over England to have the opportunity to flourish and enjoy life in all its fullness. We are in a period of transition and envisage CUF becoming a vehicle for place-based, relational social action, ecumenical collaboration and replicable service delivery. Our hope is that this stimulates a truly national faith-based movement which offers something for every parish and a national platform for the stories of grassroots voices to be heard.
Grant revenue supports the Church Urban Fund’s work across three core organisational streams, the Together Network, Near Neighbours and the Just Finance Foundation, giving you the opportunity to promote a variety of themes and projects including faith-based partnerships, financial equality, and helping to make diverse communities stronger.
The Grant Writer will work with the Head of Development to maximise income by identifying new grant opportunities and writing bids to secure funding as well as keeping up to date with progress reports.
- Experience in grant/proposal writing for the creation and formulation of plans, contracts, and proposals.
- Experience in following a funder’s guidelines, as well as a non- profit’s requirements.
- Up to date on the latest information and innovations about grants.
- Intensive research experience, using both written and electronic means.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases, particularly Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to translate messages into a common language that will bring a programme to life.
- Ability to understand the needs of both CUF and the organization that is offering the grant money.
- Great time and organizational skills.
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions.
We can offer you
- The opportunity to deliver real impact in a new and growing role
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Professional development and training opportunities
CUF is an inclusive organisation with a diverse workforce, we welcome all applications. We want our workforce to be truly representative of the Communities we serve. Diversity is an asset to our organisation and helps us create an inclusive, welcoming environment for all.