CEO (full-time) based in Bristol
Cintre is looking for an experienced and inspiring Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help us both consolidate and effectively lead the charity’s strategy and operational delivery on the next stage of its journey towards organisational excellence.
Cintre was set up in 1980 to provide residential care and support, and community- based services, for people aged between 18 and 65 years, with a range of needs including people with Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Complex Mental Health Needs. Cintre currently provides services in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
Our team works in collaboration with individuals with both high and low support needs, helping them to achieve short and long-term development goals, with the ultimate aim of “enabling independence”. We aim to be a sustaining influence on the lives of each individual that we support, recognising and developing their potential, and helping them to be the best individual that they can be.
About the role
Working with the Chair and the Board of Trustees, our stakeholders, and our workforce, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in this exciting leadership position. The role will focus on effective continuous improvements to our operational delivery, developing our staff, delivering on the charity’s strategic ambitions, making sure that the strategy is embedded culturally, building on our successes, and for ensuring that the charity fulfils its statutory and contractual responsibilities and delivers effective outcomes for our service users.
The role is ideal for someone who wants to join at a time where there is an opportunity to have real influence and drive meaningful operational delivery and change.
You will have extensive experience of managing the operations of a charity. You will be passionate, confident, and engaging with a truly collaborative leadership style.
You will have excellent people management skills, and an inclusive, empowering approach. You will be emotionally intelligent and have an empathy and sensitivity for the cause, and the complexities of working in an adult social care setting.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- credibility and influence with stakeholders, partners, regulators and local authority commissioners and you will be passionate about championing the charity’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Evidential experience of operating at Board level and a demonstrable track record of leading an organisation
- Specialist knowledge of Social Care and ideally Adult Social Care
- Qualifications in Management, Health & Social Care or relevant degree
- Ambition and energy to pursue the plans for consolidation and operational delivery
- An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- Experience of sound financial management and corporate governance
- Experience of a high-performing organisation with a strong leadership culture centred on the qualities of enabling and empowering people
- Effectively managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience of problem-solving at a high level
- Strong communication and presentation skills and acting as an Ambassador for the charity
- Proven ability to translate vision into effective strategy
- A leader with the motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive to define clear goals and inspire people to achieve them
- A reflective leader with exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills, with a proven ability to motivate and enthuse whilst delegating appropriately
- Competitive basic salary
- 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Expenses covered including mileage
You will be supported by a diverse and effective Board of Trustees who bring strategic insight and experience.
About the process
To apply, please ensure to review the job description and person specification and download the application form found on our website by clicking the apply button.
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing details about this wonderful leadership opportunity with a growing charity that makes a huge difference to the lives of the people who use our services.