Communications and Campaigns Manager (Regions, Nations and International)
£43,000 – £48,000 + benefits
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability. Given the many recent changes in the world of work, there has never been a more interesting and important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free access to LinkedIn Learning and flexible working arrangements.
As Communications and Campaigns Manager, in this new role, you will play a key role in delivering campaigns that can be adapted and maximised to reach new audiences across the UK, Ireland, Middle East and Asia. You will be working closely with teams within these areas, developing a clear understanding of their priorities, devolved policies and opportunities. You will also ensure we have a clear, coherent, and consistent narrative aligned to our strategic priorities and purpose, developing activities that support our customer propositions, strengthen the CIPD’s brand reputation and maximises our impact and voice.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and facilitating the development of plans to support the regions, nations and international offices with their communications activities
- Working with the local teams to identify and maximise opportunities that align with the overall communication strategy and plan
- Working with the rest of the communications team to ensure the teams in the UK, Ireland, Middle East and Asia have the support they need to communicate effectively
- Developing key message hierarchies, content, templates and materials for audiences and channels, including press, in the different geographical areas
- Working with the Research, Policy and Content directorate team to ensure relevant content is created, curated and communicated in an engaging way with our different target audiences: taking content and research findings and communicating this to our members, wider HR community and priority stakeholders
- Being the main point of contact for regions, nations and international offices on communication activity, providing timely and meaningful information
- Measuring the effectiveness of our communications and campaigns – focusing on outcomes, not just outputs. And communicate our success to the business
- Supporting the communications team with the overall development and execution of campaigns where required.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Experience of developing and delivering communications and campaign strategies
- Strong experience of delivering multi-channel audience-led communications campaigns with impact
- Experience of working with remote teams and building relationships
- Experience of developing key messages and content
- An excellent writer and communicator, able to create compelling copy for a range of audiences and channels
- A real team player able to work across several teams in the business in a pleasant and courteous manner with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence and results
- Able to represent the organisation when working with partners and suppliers
- Proven ability to measure and evaluate communications campaigns outputs and impact
- Experience working in a membership organisation or similar is desirable
- Stakeholder mapping and management expertise with a focus on government, academia & business and HR leaders is also desirable.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Tuesday 14 July 2020.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion, or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore, we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.