Communications and Campaigns Manager
FTE £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
21 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
10 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability. Given the many recent changes in the world of work, there has never been a more interesting and important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free access to LinkedIn Learning and flexible working arrangements.
As Communications and Campaigns Manager, you will develop engaging communications campaigns and activities that support the CIPD’s social impact strategy of equipping our members to drive positive change in the world of work through practical action and volunteering. You will strengthen the CIPD’s brand reputation and maximises our impact and voice.
This is an exciting time to join the CIPD. The world of work is changing and the CIPD is at the heart of important debates around the future of work, the ‘good work’ agenda and key workplace issues such as skills, productivity and inclusion.
Please note some UK-wide travel may be required for attendance at meetings and external events.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the Social Impact and Innovation Lead and Brand & Communications team to drive the CIPD’s impact against its mission of ‘championing better work and working lives’
- Driving the strategy and delivery of an integrated communications plan (encompassing member communication, wider marketing, media and social media) around our social impact, working with the Brand & Communications team to maximising all CIPD channels
- Working with colleagues to ensure that the social impact work directly contributes to enhancing the CIPD’s brand and profile, as well as the role of the people profession, amongst key audiences
- Driving the Social Impact and Innovation team’s programme of work that support communications activity (including surveys, external research and collaborations, case study collection and output creation) around our social impact programmes and activities. This includes providing comms support and guidance to social impact programme leads as required
- Proactively identifying and leading on opportunities for collaboration with third parties and external stakeholders and managing these relationships to maximise positive exposure for the CIPD.
- Being a lead representative for the CIPD to key national stakeholders, where required, upholding our reputation and brand through excellent leadership and communication at external meetings and presentations
- Working with the Social Impact and Innovation team on developing communications to support the implementation of an outreach strategy to potential funding partners
- Measuring the effectiveness of communications and campaigns – focusing on outcomes, not just outputs
- Working with the Internal Communications team to increase awareness of the work of the Social Impact and Innovation team and make connections with other departments where relevant.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Experience of developing and delivering communications and campaign strategies
- Strong experience of delivering multi-channel audience-led communications campaigns with impact
- Experience of representing an organisation to senior external stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience of writing copy to an excellent standard in a variety of styles (e.g. marketing and campaigns collateral, press releases, feature articles, web, social media)
- A proactive approach to relationship building and a high level of diplomacy, with the ability to manage difficult situations at all levels
- Ability to manage a wide-range of external suppliers and internal colleagues to deliver a range of discrete projects, events and outputs, on time and within budget
- Good presentation skills, confidence, resilience, and determination
- Working knowledge of volunteering, membership organisations, the world of business and public policy is desirable.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Tuesday 7 July 2020.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.