THE JOB: You will support smaller organisations through advice and guidance with regards to development opportunities, sustainability, and funding and governance issues.
Duties will include:
- Providing support for mining charities across the South England Region with regards to development opportunities, sustainability, funding and governance issues.
- To provide secretariat services to related regional grant making charities.
- To support charities to develop business plans and budgeting.
- To contribute to the development of organisations support offer for other charities, seeking new methods of supporting local trustees.
- To promote organisations support offer, undertaking site visits to smaller charities and meeting with local charity officers.
- To support charities to identify funding opportunities and develop funding proposals.
- To develop local partnership working with other voluntary sector organisations, tiers of local government and local communities.
- To promote the organisations work with welfare charities through a range of marketing activities.
- To provide training for local charity trustees and officers, encouraging good governance and building good governance.
THE PERSON: You will have experience of community development and / or business development and be able to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including at a community level.
This role will require you to have experience of identifying and applying for funding on a national, regional, or local level, as well as understanding of business planning and budgets.
Ideally you will have proven experience of working in the charity sector with a good understanding of governance requirements and the challenges facing the sector.
You will need the ability to build confidence and a positive reputation with stakeholders internally and externally be self-motivated, have a logical decision making ability with excellent communication skills.
Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing former mineworkers and mining commiunities would be advantageous.