Job title: Advice Session Supervisor & Case Checker
Contract: 16 – 20 x hours per week, working 8 x hours on Tuesdays and 8 x hours on Wednesdays (8 x hours Permanent + 8 x hours Fixed term until 31/03/2020) and ideally 4 x hours on Friday mornings (fixed until 31/12/19)
Reports to: Operational Managers
Purpose: To provide support and supervision to volunteer advisers and to be the senior presence during the advice session.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage practicalities of the advice session to include face to face and telephone advice (Adviceline).
- Supervise the work of designated staff/volunteers to ensure that standards meet Citizens Advice requirements.
- Ensure delivery of agreed level of service and manage session staff cover.
- Monitor the quality of advice given to clients during advice session.
- Monitor quality of work in accordance with QAA requirements (Quality of Advice Audit).
- Help to ensure that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for case recording, statistics, follow up work and quality control.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed during the advice session. Attend regular meetings of the management and supervision teams.
- Encourage good teamwork and lines of communication between all members of staff and volunteers.
- Contribute to Research & Campaigning work by raising issues of concern and completing evidence forms as appropriate.
- Complete all associated administrative tasks including maintaining detailed case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
The other duties and responsibilities of this role are to:
- Commit to and work within the aims of the Citizens Advice service;
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for your own safety and that of colleagues; and
- Ensure that work undertaken reflects and supports the Citizens Advice service equality and diversity strategy.
Citizens Advice Bracknell & District is a local, independent charity. We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing information and advice, and by influencing policymakers. We are recruiting for a part time Advice Session Supervisor to work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to support the advice service we offer to clients.
Closing date: midnight Friday 6th September 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 17th September 2019