Hours: 14 to 21 hours per week (0.4-0.6 FTE), with flexibility to cater for busy periods
Location: London NW1. Head Office roles are currently working from home and a mix of home-working and office-working is anticipated in the medium term.
Start date: As soon as possible
Citizens Advice Camden is the leading provider of voluntary sector advice services in Camden. We help approximately 10,000 people each year in 16 locations with free, confidential, and impartial advice on a wide range of issues.
The post of Finance Officer is a critical role within the organisation and the post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management and will be involved in maintaining the financial procedures and systems, producing budgets and management accounts for a variety of needs, and ensuring accurate and timely record keeping.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who can work independently and communicate effectively with the Board, senior managers, and funders. We will expect the post holder to take a pro-active approach to system improvement.
You will have;
- An accountancy (or book-keeping) qualification or relevant experience;
- Experience of using computerized accounting packages, preferably QuickBooks;
- A high level of IT literacy, in particular with MS Excel;
- Broad experience of financial management, accounting, reporting, and statutory requirements;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience of Charity finance and Citizens Advice systems would be an advantage.
Interview date: Wednesday, 29 July 2020. Initial interviews will be held by Zoom.
All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide documentary evidence of their right to work in the UK to comply with the statutory requirements.
Camden CAB is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all sections of the community.