Citizens Advice provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people overcome their problems. We work to fix the underlying causes of these problems. We are a voice for people on the issues that matter to them. We value diversity, champion equality and challenge discrimination.
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to lead our activities across several markets, in line with our organisational priorities.
You will manage the development of existing and new business opportunities, ensuring we develop those areas that make the most difference to the people who come to us for help.
Leading on developing relationships with key external and internal contacts, targeting those that we can best influence and work with to develop, design and test new opportunities.
Citizens Advice Essex is a consortium of 10 Local Citizens Advice (LCA) Centres, working collaboratively to improve information, advice, guidance and advocacy services for the people of Essex including the unitary authorities of Southend and Thurrock.
We are ideally seeking an experienced Business Development professional who networks, makes connections, builds relationships, and pursues opportunities.
You will lead our efforts to generate revenue, will be focused and have strong communication skills. Ideally being an enthusiastic individual with exceptional project management skills and a strategic eye for business development opportunities.
You will enable the consortium to develop and grow by:
- Developing applications for new County-wide contracts
- Delivery of new county wide services
- Greater impact of the Citizens Advice service
- Continue the development of inter-working and shared services between Local Citizens Advice offices
- Working in partnership with Local Citizens Advice managers to assist, the development of new and diverse funding streams adding further value to CA Essex
- A single point of contact for county or higher-level funding agencies and stakeholders to maintain and develop services
- Create new effective partnership opportunities with external organisations
- Co-ordination where appropriate of research and campaigning, particularly where this is linked to new funding
Closing Date: 21st June 2019
Interview Date: week commencing 1st July 2019