Citizens Advice Hounslow is a well-respected charity, operating in the London Borough of Hounslow. Thanks to our amazing team of staff and volunteers, we support more than 10,000 clients a year through our face to face, phone and digital services. For more information please visit our website.
Citizens Advice Hounslow is looking to recruit four Advisers or experienced trainee Advisers to work as part of various projects and core services. You will deliver generalist advice from our offices within the borough of Hounslow (remote working considered).
Ideally you should have:
- at least one year full-time or part-time equivalent of recent and on-going experience of advice work at generalist level (not just triaging, but giving advice);
- solid knowledge of key subjects such as welfare benefits, debt and housing;
- the ability to work out benefit calculations and better-off calculations in a system where Universal Credit and legacy benefits operate alongside;
- good knowledge of the Universal Credit claiming system and its eligibility rules;
- the ability to meet deadlines and manage your workload in a pressured environment;
- the capacity to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- good communication and IT skills to deal efficiently with telephone queries, online information and case recording on a CRM.
- the willingness to take up research & campaign work in accordance with the aims and principles of Citizens Advice
- the willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when required to meet service needs
We have a strong track record and we give staff the opportunity to develop further within our organisation.
Closing date for Applications: Monday 4 October 2021
Interview date to be arranged with the candidates.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete the attached application form, explaining how you meet each of the points in the Person Specification found in the attached job pack.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only respond to successful applicants. If you do not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
We consider applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.