Citizens Advice Hounslow is a well-established charity operating in the London Borough of Hounslow. Thanks to our amazing team of staff and volunteers, we support over 8,000 clients a year through our face to face, phone and digital services.
We are seeking to appoint a Welfare Benefits Caseworker to meet the ever-growing demand on our service in these challenging times to deliver welfare benefits advice to our clients. We are currently delivering all our services remotely until it is possible to resume face to face work in accordance to social distancing rules and safety measures.
As a Welfare Benefits Caseworker, your will:
- provide high quality advice and practical help to clients on welfare benefits issues.
- check entitlement, ensure awards are correct and challenge incorrect decisions
- progress casework through negotiations with the relevant benefits offices and agencies
- prepare appeal submissions for clients and, where required, represent clients at relevant tribunals and review boards
- keep accurate case records and ensure that all casework is recorded and reported in accordance with Citizens Advice Hounslow’s policies and practices.
- ensure that effective case management is maintained throughout.
For more information about the role please download the attached Job Description and Person Specification
Closing date: On-going
Interview date: TBC
Please note: we are unable to respond to applicants who have not been shortlisted. We reserve the right to close this vacancy as soon it has been filled, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as early as possible.
We offer a range of employee benefits, including generous annual leave, pension contribution, and training and opportunities to continue your professional development.
We consider applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.