Do you want to make a difference?
This role has been developed to work in partnership with a local organisation to assist and support clients in Housing need and financial difficulties. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of something new working alongside partners and the local community. If you would like to be part of a team making a difference to people’s lives we would love to hear from you.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- To interview clients utilising all communication channels, face-to-face, telephone, email & web chat, providing accurate housing & debt advice and information.
- To provide casework for clients and manage own caseload effectively.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations such as Department of Work and Pensions, Social Services, and community organisations as appropriate.
- Partnership and collaborative working both internal and external.
- Represent Citizens Advice at external meetings as required.
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable