Can you lead Lewisham’s key advice charity to deliver excellent services and through change?
At Citizens Advice Lewisham, we help people find a way forward. Our informed, independent advice assists service users to overcome life’s challenges – from managing money to understanding their housing rights; from navigating benefit rules to clarifying their employment rights. Every year, we support thousands of people in need, giving them a voice and a chance to make things better. You can play an important part in our vital work.
We are a leading advice agency in the diverse South East London borough, with a turnover of £1.5m, 40 staff and up to 50 volunteers, supporting over 20,000 people each year.
We are a charity in our own right - legally independent from but proudly affiliated to national Citizens Advice – raising our funds from statutory authorities, trusts, lottery distribution boards, and donations.
Joining us in this key role, you will:
- be responsible, alongside our Trustees, for the strategy and direction of CAL;
- lead a skilled and committed staff and volunteer team;
- lead external stakeholder liaison;
- blend innovation with tradition in service delivery, recruitment and retention of staff and volunteers in order to overcome fundraising challenges.
To be successful, you will have:
- strong leadership skills;
- knowledge of the charity sector;
- experience of working in advice or a related field;
- excellent communication and business skills;
- experience with finance and change management.
In return, benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 2 years’ service) and up to 7.5% pension contribution.
For further information and to apply, click the Apply button.
Closing date: 9.30am on 8th November 2021
Interview date: 19th November 2021
Please note, we do not accept CVs. No agencies, please.